If your vote for the 2020 presidential candidate was based solely on getting a stimulus check, here is what you actually sold your vote for:
· $3.28 per day for 1 year = $1200 Stimulus Check – Mar 2020
· $1.64 per day for 1 year = $ 600 Stimulus Check – Jan 2021
· $3.84 per day for 1 year = $1400 Stimulus Check – March 2021
If the stimulus made no difference in your selection for president, that is the American way (based on American values – selling your vote is not American, my hat is off to you for holding to the American values.
Just a word or two of guidance that you might consider when selecting candidates for office.
· Double check your allegiance to party lines. The basic platforms between the two major parties has flipped in the last few years. Align with your values, then see which party fits best for you.
· For incumbents running for re-election, check their voting records since they were in office and ask:
o What have they done to benefit your zip code?
o What have they done to benefit your metropolitan area or county?
o What have they done for your state or territory?
o What have they done for the nation – economy, citizens?
· Candidates running unopposed does not represent all points of view. Try to get at least 2 candidates for each office
· Don’t be lazy with your vote and just rubber stamp your selections.