Ideas that may/will promote civility, debate, collaboration, and compromise in the House of Representatives and the Senate, so the people they represent benefit from their efforts. There is a inkling in the public perspective that once elected, they have no use or recollection of the voters who put them in office, or what the voters want.
Ideas for discussion
1. Create or enforce Code of Conduct when doing the people’s business – must not be less than that used in corporate America
2. Eliminate the nuclear option – this does not foster debate, compromise or comradery
3. Limit televising of government to C-SPAN – takes away media commentary
4. Set up federal standards to ensure integrity in federal elections
5. Voters to ask their elected officials for those actions that benefited their zip code, state, or the country
6. Avoid elections that have only one candidate running unopposed – parties owe their members a candidate
7. Do not use allegations, innuendos, libel, slander, or deliberate mis-information when addressing congress, the senate, or the people during campaigns and in elected office to attack members of the opposite party
8. Never show disrespect to anyone during campaigns or in elected office
9. Always remember you represent the people who elected you and everything you do is focused on their needs or the needs of the country
10. Network TV to tone down the rhetoric of political satire on late night talk shows
11. No longer allow elected officials and those who address the congress and the country to use the words associated with race, color, ethnicity as well as put any adjective in front of the words American or citizen.
12. Never use the words racist, white supremacy, black lives matter, systemic racism and similar phrases that do not further the positive unifying message
13. Disrespect or desecration of the US Flag, National Anthem, and the Pledge of Allegiance will be removed as targets of free speech. These represent America.
14. Avoid actions to rename buildings, military bases, schools, and streets that are historical. History is the best teacher
15. Avoid changing official government dialog and document wording that diminishes the nuclear family and relationship associated with it
16. Do not pass laws that give privileges to groups that all groups do cannot share equally
17. Financial aid guaranteed by the Federal Government should be for STEM and those areas of study that support H1B1 visas. The duty of the government is to support its people. This is direct support. Public institutions would have priority. Degrees not on the approved list, would not receive financial aid (tax dollars).
18. Eliminate use of “Reconciliation” by House of Representatives to bypass Senate
Trump makes up names to belittle his opponents
GOP goal; to make President Obama a one term President by blocking everything he does no matter how that hurts Americans
I love the political satire on late night TV shows
There are a lot of self interest greedy assholes in our government
At some point all you can do is laugh at the things they do, beats crying.
In some cases that is the only time American find out what these assholes are doing to our country
This satire has more true than not
The constitution has many problems:
Political parties should not be selecting Supreme Court Judges
Supreme Court= Republicans in black robes
Get the money out of politics
Rich people do not care about average Americans
Electro college needs to go: it over ruled the popular vote twice in the last few years: that is how we got Trump and Bush W. 🤬