The corruption in Congress will not allow enforcement of the ethics rules. When it is public knowledge of alleged ethics violations by members of Congress, take action until the allegations are resolved.
Ethical violation can include:
- Deliberately lying to the American people
- Campaign finance violations
- Violation of US immigration laws to gain US Citizenship
- Using FBI or DOJ for political purposes
- Obvious ethics violations
- Inciting Violence
Actions can include:
- Removal from any committee
- Removal of position (Speaker, Whip, Minority Leader, Majority Leader, etc.)
- Ask for and receive resignation
A suggestion is that these be vetted using C-SPAN to inform the public as to the procedure followed and end results.